- Tax Increment Financing Districts (TIFs) are used throughout the country in communities large and small, urban and rural.
- 47 states currently utilize Tax Increment Financing as a catalyst for needed redevelopment projects.
- Tax Increment Financing helps make Illinois communities competitive with communities across the nation.
- The Midwest leads the nation in TIFs. Four of the seven leading states in Tax Increment Financing are Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois.
- TIF helps Illinois stay competitive with neighboring states that intensively use TIF to bolster economic development and attract new businesses.