Board of Trustees
The Dixon Public Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. There are nine trustees appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Terms are three years long.
The board consists of the following members as of October 1st 2017:
- Glen Hughes - President
- Peter Shaw - Vice President
- Tracey Lawton - Secretary
- Terry Dunphy - Treasurer
- Susan Carlson
- Rachel Cocar
- Barbara Coss
- Marcella Kitson
- Carol Linkowski
- Antony Deter - Library Director
The library operates according to Federal and State statutes and in compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees. Click here for the complete pdf Combined policies document 12 10 18 (1.07 MB) last updated 12-10-2018
- Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Any exceptions will be noted. For 2018 the dates of meetings will be as follows: January 8th, February 12th, March 12th, April 9th, May 14th, June 11th, July 16th (third Monday), August 13th, September 10th, October 8th, November 19th (third Monday), December 10th.
- Library board meetings are open to the general public. They are held in the library meeting room on the lower level. The library is accessible with a level access at the rear.
- Notices and agendas for board meetings Agendas can be found attached to the calendar, Click for the calendar. Agendas will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Click this link to find Minutes of Library Board Meetings
Employee Compensation Package. No employees are subject to the following requirement, their pay being below the legal threshold.
- Six days after approving the annual budget, a library that participates in the IMRF must post on its website the total compensation package for eachemployee having a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000. Also, at least six days prior to approving an employee compensation package that equals or exceeds $150,000, the library must post the total compensation package information on its website. Alternatively, a library can choose to post a notice on its website identifying where the public can obtain compensation package information (i.e., at the library’s main office). For libraries without a website, the information must be posted at their main office. 5 ILCS 120/7.3.
Audit information. The library is required to post a copy of the audit management letter and audited financial statements submitted by the auditor. 65 ILCS 5/8-8-10.5. Click here for the audit: pdf Financial Statements (694 KB) and here for the pdf Auditor Management letter (350 KB) .
Other legally required information about the library can be found in the Combined Policies Document under Section 25.
Click this link for the pdf Employee Handbook (365 KB)