Board of Trustees
The Dixon Public Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. There are nine trustees appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Terms are three years long.
The board consists of the following members as of September 16, 2020:
- Tracey Lawton - President
- Kevin Marx - Vice President
- Rachel Cocar - Secretary
- Terry Dunphy - Treasurer
- Barbara Coss
- Marilyn Jackson
- Marcella Kitson
- Carol Linkowski
- Jonathan C. Self
- Antony Deter - Library Director
The library operates according to Federal and State statutes and in compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees. Click here for the complete pdf Combined policies document 09 13 2021 (1.03 MB) last updated 09/13/2021.
- Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Any exceptions will be noted. For 2020/21 the dates of meetings will be as follows:
December 14th, 2020
January 11th, 2021
February 8th, 2021
March 8th, 2021
April 12th, 2021
May 10th, 2021
June 14th, 2021
July 12th, 2021
August 9th, 2021
September 13th, 2021
October 11th, 2021
November 8th, 2021
December 13th, 2021
- Library board meetings are open to the general public. They are held in the library meeting room on the lower level. The library is accessible with a level access at the rear.
- Notices and agendas for board meetings Agendas can be found attached to the calendar, Click for the calendar. Agendas will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Click this link to find Approved Library Board Minutes
Employee Compensation Package. No employees are subject to the following requirement, their pay being below the legal threshold.
- Six days after approving the annual budget, a library that participates in the IMRF must post on its website the total compensation package for each employee having a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000. Also, at least six days prior to approving an employee compensation package that equals or exceeds $150,000, the library must post the total compensation package information on its website. Alternatively, a library can choose to post a notice on its website identifying where the public can obtain compensation package information (i.e., at the library’s main office). For libraries without a website, the information must be posted at their main office. 5 ILCS 120/7.3.
Other legally required information about the library can be found in the pdf Combined policies document 09 13 2021 (1.03 MB) under Section 25: Freedom of Information Act.
Click this link for the pdf Dixon Public Library Employee Handbook 02 10 2020 (390 KB)
Click this link for the pdf By-Laws of the Dixon Public Library. (229 KB)