Board of Trustees
The Dixon Public Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. There are nine trustees appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Terms are three years long.
The board consists of the following members as of September 16, 2020:
- Tracey Lawton - President
- Kevin Marx - Vice President
- Rachel Cocar - Secretary
- Terry Dunphy - Treasurer
- Piper Grazulis
- Marilyn Jackson
- Marcella Kitson
- Carol Linkowski
- Jonathan C. Self
- Antony Deter - Library Director, non voting administrative officer
The library operates according to Federal and State statutes and in compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees. Click here for the complete pdf Combined policies document 03 14 2022 (920 KB) updated 3-14-2022.
- Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Any exceptions will be noted. For 2021/2022 the dates of meetings will be as follows:
December 13th, 2021
January 10th, 2022
February 14th, 2022
March 14th, 2022
April 11th, 2022
May 9th, 2022
June 13th, 2022
July 11th, 2022
August 8th, 2022
September 12th, 2022
October 10th, 2022
November 14th, 2022
December 12th, 2022
- Library board meetings are open to the general public. They are generally held in the library meeting room on the lower level. The library is accessible with a level access at the rear. On occasion other suitable locations may be used. Notice that another location is to be used will be properly made at least 48 hours ahead of time.
- Notices and agendas for board meetings Agendas can be found attached to the calendar, Click for the calendar. Agendas will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Click this link to find Approved Library Board Minutes
Employee Compensation Package: The Library Director, Antony Deter's compensation package is subject to the following requirements. The total compensation package is $91,791.44.
- Six days after approving the annual budget, a library that participates in the IMRF must post on its website the total compensation package for each employee having a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000. Also, at least six days prior to approving an employee compensation package that equals or exceeds $150,000, the library must post the total compensation package information on its website. Alternatively, a library can choose to post a notice on its website identifying where the public can obtain compensation package information (i.e., at the library’s main office). For libraries without a website, the information must be posted at their main office. 5 ILCS 120/7.3.
Other legally required information about the library can be found in the pdf Combined policies document 03 14 2022 (920 KB) under Section 25: Freedom of Information Act.
Click this link for the pdf Dixon Public Library Employee Handbook 02 10 2020 (390 KB)
Click this link for the pdf By-Laws of the Dixon Public Library. (229 KB)
Click this link for the pdf Building Improvement Report 2018 21 (9.52 MB)
Click this link for the pdf DPL Facility Plan 2022 (1.75 MB)
Click this link for the pdf 2021 2022 Technology Plan (190 KB)
Click this link for the pdf Dixon Public Library Emergency Management Plan (229 KB)