Board of Trustees
The Dixon Public Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. There are nine trustees appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Terms are three years long.
The board consists of the following members as of September 16, 2019:
- Glen Hughes - President
- Carol Linkowski - Vice President
- Tracey Lawton - Secretary
- Terry Dunphy - Treasurer
- Rachel Cocar
- Barbara Coss
- Marilyn Jackson
- Marcella Kitson
- Kevin Marx
- Antony Deter - Library Director
The library operates according to Federal and State statutes and in compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees. Click here for the complete pdf Combined policies document 11 18 19 (1.06 MB) last updated 11-18-2019
- Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Any exceptions will be noted. For 2020 the dates of meetings will be as follows: January 13th, February 10th, March 9th, April 13th, May 11th, June 8th, July 13th, August 10th, September 14th, October 12th, November 9th, December 14th.
- Library board meetings are open to the general public. They are held in the library meeting room on the lower level. The library is accessible with a level access at the rear.
- Notices and agendas for board meetings Agendas can be found attached to the calendar, Click for the calendar. Agendas will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Click this link to find Approved Library Board Minutes
Employee Compensation Package. No employees are subject to the following requirement, their pay being below the legal threshold.
- Six days after approving the annual budget, a library that participates in the IMRF must post on its website the total compensation package for each employee having a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000. Also, at least six days prior to approving an employee compensation package that equals or exceeds $150,000, the library must post the total compensation package information on its website. Alternatively, a library can choose to post a notice on its website identifying where the public can obtain compensation package information (i.e., at the library’s main office). For libraries without a website, the information must be posted at their main office. 5 ILCS 120/7.3.
Other legally required information about the library can be found in the pdf Combined Policies Document (1.06 MB) under Section 25: Freedom of Information Act.
Click this link for the pdf Employee Handbook (370 KB) .
Click this link for the pdf By-Laws of the Dixon Public Library. (229 KB)