Board of Trustees
The Dixon Public Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. There are nine trustees appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Terms are three years long.
The board consists of the following members as of October 1st 2017:
- Glen Hughes - President
- Peter Shaw - Vice President
- Tracey Lawton - Secretary
- Terry Dunphy - Treasurer
- Susan Carlson
- Rachel Cocar
- Barbara Coss
- Marcella Kitson
- Carol Linkowski
- Antony Deter - Library Director
The library operates according to Federal and State statutes and in compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees. Click here for the complete pdf Combined policies document 03 11 19 (1.07 MB) last updated 03-11-2019.
- Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Any exceptions will be noted. For 2019 the dates of meetings will be as follows: January 14th, February 11th, March 11th, April 8th, May 13th, June 10th, July 8th, August 12th, September 19th, October 14th, November 18th (third Monday), December 9th.
- Library board meetings are open to the general public. They are held in the library meeting room on the lower level. The library is accessible with a level access at the rear.
- Notices and agendas for board meetings Agendas can be found attached to the calendar, Click for the calendar. Agendas will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Click this link to find Minutes of Library Board Meetings
Employee Compensation Package. No employees are subject to the following requirement, their pay being below the legal threshold.
- Six days after approving the annual budget, a library that participates in the IMRF must post on its website the total compensation package for each employee having a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000. Also, at least six days prior to approving an employee compensation package that equals or exceeds $150,000, the library must post the total compensation package information on its website. Alternatively, a library can choose to post a notice on its website identifying where the public can obtain compensation package information (i.e., at the library’s main office). For libraries without a website, the information must be posted at their main office. 5 ILCS 120/7.3.
Other legally required information about the library can be found in the pdf Combined Policies Document (1.07 MB) under Section 25: Freedom of Information Act.
Click this link for the pdf Employee Handbook (370 KB) .