Dixon Public Library Find More Illinois Pilot Program Participation
The Dixon Public Library is currently participating in a limited time pilot program for some northern Illinois libraries to request items through Interlibrary Loan. If you’d like to explore the catalog and possibly place requests for items that DPL doesn’t own, please follow the steps listed below.
The link for Find More Illinois is:
To search and/or request items through Find More Illinois:
- 1. Click on link to the Dixon Public Library Find More Illinois page.
- 2. Click Login button in upper right corner. Make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off so all of the necessary information can be displayed.
- 3. Choose Dixon Public Library in the drop down menu under “Select Your Library”.
- 4. Enter your Dixon Public Library card barcode as your username.
- 5. Enter your Dixon Public Library PIN as your password. (Your PIN is the month and day of your birthday; for example, 0701 for a birthday on July 1.)
- 6. Search the database; if you find an item not owned by Dixon Public Library that you’d like to request, click the “Request This Item” button in the upper right corner.
- 7. A box will pop up with the item information and your patron information; after verifying that your name and contact information are correct, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the box.
- 8. When finished searching and/or requesting, click the Logout option in upper right corner.
Dixon Public Library patrons may request up to four Interlibrary Loan items per week. Patrons will be contacted when an item arrives or if the request is declined for any reason.
These instructions pertain to patrons with a Dixon Public Library card. Reciprocal borrowers from other libraries should contact their home libraries to see if they are participating in this pilot program and for instructions on how to access it.