Lee County Unified Executive Leadership Team COVID-19 Update: April 5, 2020
IDPH Reports 899 New Cases in Illinois for a total of 11,256 in 71 Illinois Counties
The State Death Toll has Risen to 274
Lee County has 2 positive cases of COVID-19
Today, Illinois announced 899 new cases for a total of 11,256 confirmed COVID-19 positive tests in Illinois. The death toll rose to 274. The virus has now spread to 71 counties in Illinois.
The Lee County leadership team hopes everyone has enjoyed this sunny weekend and accomplished a lot of work in their yard. As a reminder, the Lee County Health Department is offering help picking up groceries or other essentials for seniors who do not have help from friends or family. If you need some help during these times, please contact Jennifer Kolb at 815/ 284-3371, ext. 118.
There are no new Lee County statistics to report today. There are still 2 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our county. As a reminder, if you are experiencing symptoms, DO NOT go to the emergency room or your doctor’s office. Call the KSB Coronavirus Hotline at 815-285-7777 or go to ksbhospital.com and click on “KSB Care Anywhere.” For complete details see the information at the bottom of this press release.
What to do if you think you have COVID-19: (UPDATED INFORMATION)
During the current Corona Virus outbreak, individuals with symptoms SHOULD NOT GO to health care facilities such as hospitals, clinics, and urgent care centers without CALLING FIRST. Instead, they can seek care by using one of the following options:
- • Use the “KSB Care Anywhere” virtual care app (https://ksbhospital.zipnosis.com/) for a free 5 question screening in order to help differentiate your symptoms between the virus and other seasonal maladies. While a credit card is required for a more involved assessment, no charges will be applied if a COVID-19 testing referral is made.
- • KSB is offering a Coronavirus HOTLINE, by which symptoms can be evaluated against federal screening guidelines, and if appropriate, a referral is made to their Drive-Thru Screening site. The screening site is available ONLY through the hotline and between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on weekdays by calling 815-285-7777.
- • Residents with a Primary Care Practitioner can also CALL their office for advice. Again, CALL FIRST before going to the office.
- For businesses: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- Facebook: Lee County IL Health Department
For general questions about COVID-19, call the IDPH hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or 211.