The roots of the Dixon Public Library reach back to 1872 when the firemen of Dixon Hose Company began a small subscription library. It became a city library in 1895--96. In 1899 O. B. Dodge, the first president of the library board, offered to build a new building, which was formally opened to the citizens of Dixon in early 1901.
Terms and Conditions
© 2021 City of Dixon Illinoisall rights reserved
city social media
online bill pay
contact the city
city government website development by tdg